Duvet Cover Sizing
DUVET COVER SIZING GUIDE
The sizing guide below indicates which duvet inner and cover are best suited to South Africa's standard sized beds.
Make sure you get the right size for your bed:
|MATTRESS WIDTH||DUVET INNER WIDTH||LENGTH|
|Single||91cm||130 cm||200 cm|
|¾||107cm||150 cm||200 cm|
|Double||137cm||200 cm||200 cm|
|King||183cm||230 cm||220 cm|
|Super King||200cm||260 cm||230 cm|
HINTS WHEN CHOOSING YOUR DUVET COVER AND DUVET INNERS
The biggest bed-buying mistakes occur after the bed has been bought, by acquiring the wrong linen. Bed and mattress sizes are fairly regular - in terms of width and length - however with new size-depth variations of mattresses on the market, it can become complicated.
Due to recent changes in the mattress manufacturing industry many mattresses are “extra depth” – which means that they are thicker and taller. Standard linen will not fit them, and so you need to take this into account when buying linen for your bed.
The following steps for measuring should be kept in mind:
- Measure the width of your bed to establish the size of the bed - below is an indication of standard bed sizes:
- Single = 91/2 cm
- Three Quarter = 107cm
- Double = 137cm
- Queen = 152cm
- King = 183cm
- Determine the length of your bed/ mattress; standard length is 188cm and extra length is 200cm.
- Measure the depth of your mattress and multiply by x 2 - to get the measurement for both sides of the mattress.
- Add the depth and width measurement together, this will give you the duvet size for your mattress.
Example: Three Quarter Mattress
- Width measurement = 107 cm
- Standard length (188 cm)
- Depth measurement = 30 cm x 2 (for both sides) = 60 cm
- Add 107 cm (width) to 60 cm (depth) = 167 cm which fits into a double sized duvet cover (200cm). If you opted for a three quarter size, the duvet would not fit the bed and would be unaesthetically pleasing.